How do I change the difficulty on a Minecraft server?
The default difficulty for Minecraft is Easy. Lots of different aspects of Minecraft change depending on the difficulty. For example, mobs have increased health on the harder difficulties. Certain status effects last longer or hit stronger. In Peaceful mode however, no mobs deal damage except llamas. Other effects can be found on this page of the Minecraft Wiki.
- Go to your server on our Web App.
- CLick settings in the server navigation bar.
- Click server on the left menu.
- Change difficulty to the desired value.
- Click save and restart your server.
Warning: Changing the difficulty to peaceful will not disable PvP between players.
Not using ServerFlex
If you are not using ServerFlex then you need to run the following command where peaceful is your desired level.