How do I change the spawn protection on a Minecraft server?
Minecraft servers will by default create a zone around the spawn point, this is to prevent greifers or accidentally exploding the spawn point into the nether. Inside this zone non-operators cannot place or destroy blocks.
Warning: Creepers can still explode inside the protected spawn area.
- Go to your server on our Web App.
- Click settings in the server navigation bar.
- Click world on the left menu.
- Change spawn protection to your desired value - this is in blocks.
- Click save and restart your server.
Not using ServerFlex
If you are not using ServerFlex you will need to edit your server.properties file. Find the line that contains "spawn-protection" and set this to the number of blocks you would like to protect (this must be a full number).