In some cases you might want to allow unauthenticated Minecraft users to be able to join your server. For example, when one or more of your friends doesn't have an official Minecraft account and is using a cracked client.
Any player can pretend to be another and banning accounts will be meaningless. This also makes any whitelist that is enabled ineffective.
- Go to your server on our Control Panel.
- Click settings in the server navigation bar.
- Click security on the left menu.
- Choose your new value for online mode.
- Click save and restart your server.
Not using ServerFlex
If you are not using ServerFlex you will need to edit your server.properties file. Find the line that contains "online-mode" and set this to either "true" or "false".