It will take a bit of time for newer versions of PaperMC, Spigot or other Mod packs to support new versions of Minecraft. If you would like to play the latest version, you may need to change to Vanilla.
It is highly recommended that you take a backup of your server before you change the version. Should anything go wrong you will not lose your world.
Updating your Server
- Head over to the ServerFlex Control Panel.
- Stop your server - this is to prevent any data corruption while changing over.
- Go to Settings > Version page.
- If you are not already on Minecraft Vanilla you might need to swap type depending on if the developer's of your modpack have released a version that supports the latest version of Minecraft.
- Change the Branch of 1.20.
- The latest version of the branch will be automatically selected. Click "Change Version".
- Depending on the version of Minecraft you are coming from, a Java change might be required. This process is automatic and all you need to do is approve it.
- The new version is ready to play on your server!
Will I get notifications when new versions are available on my server?
Yes. A notification bar will appear at the top of your server control panel page when new versions are available. However of the Server Actions button and click Update to move to the latest version of Miencraft.
Can I swap between PaperMC, Spigot and Vanilla Minecraft on my server?
Yes. Using the steps outlined above, you can easily swap between any version we support. We continuously ingest the latest version of each Minecraft Server Type and Modpack as they are released.